Sunday, July 19

Re-Making it Worse

I was discussing movies with a co-worker recently. He's seen pretty much every terrible movie you can think of. One of our favorites that he's seen is Vampiyaz: Brothaz in blood. Anyway, we discovered that there is a whole class of movies that he hasn't seen. Stuff like The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Mr. Mom. Now, I'm not saying these are the greatest movies ever made, but I think everyone ought to have seen them, as part of their general life education. But, as I was urging him to see the movies, I found myself saying "You have to see 'The Parent Trap'. The original, not the remake with Lindsay Lohan, you can skip that one." And "you must see Freaky Friday, but the original one with Jodie Foster, not the remake with Lindsay Lohan."

And then I realized that we had developed a whole new tag line for Ms Lohan: "Re-Making it Worse". The Parent Trap. Freaky Friday. Herbie. Along with all the rest of her problems in life, she has a knack for remaking movies that never needed to be remade, and not doing a good job of it.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I don't know, I not a Lindsey Lohan fan, but I didn't think her remakes of The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday were so bad. Granted, I do like the originals much better, and you're right, they didn't need to be remade. I haven't seen the remake of Herbie, but I used to rent that every time we went to the video store when I was a kid, so I couldn't bring myself to watch any attempt to remake that classic.

Cheryl said...

I promise you, you DON'T need to see the Herbie remake. Promise. Same thing goes for PT.

But Freaky Friday was ok. Not amazing. But good enough to see once in a (long) while.


PS: when is men's basketball? Our (very) inactive neighbor wants to play.

Em said...

I've never seen Mr Mom. Who would Lindsey play in a remake of that?