Saturday, October 31

Things that must go

Websites that charge ridiculous fees on ticket sales. It's particularly bad when they do it per ticket. I've seen movie theaters that sell tickets for 6 bucks each that want to tack on 1 or 2 dollars more per ticket for letting you buy them online. Or, as was the case tonight, a site I saw that had a flat fee of $5 on $30 worth of tickets. It's one of those hidden costs that really ought to go.

(I listen to NPR in the car now. Too bad they don't have "things that must go".)

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Agreed and I haven't listened to Radio from Hell in a very long time, but Things That Must Go was always a favorite of mine. I think you should do regular installments.

tysqui said...

Alison bought tickets to the NCAA tournament games that will be held at the Delta Center this spring and there was a "service charge" of $12 per ticket! That's more than we paid for a Jazz game a couple of years ago.

Nathan said...

Oh yeah, definately. Try buying tickets to a big concert. $10+ "convenience" charge, $4+ "facility use" fee, another few bucks in taxes, maybe a buck or two in insurance in case you somehow manage to damage your eardrums.

Point is, they're dumb. It's definately not "convenient" to pay that much. I suppose I'll pay an extra $0.50 per ticket just to ensure that I get a seat and don't waste a trip to the theater. But that's it.

Em said...

awww I love NPR.