Monday, November 1

Update from MI

We are live and in Michigan.  Today was the first day of work, and things went fairly well.  Our stuff has not yet caught up to us, so we are still living in a hotel.  But, we managed to get library cards today, so the library is our new best friend in town!  (Because we have oh, so many other friends in town for the library to compete with.)
 
The drive went about as well as any 2,500 miles trek across the country with two small kids can go.  It was long, and very windy.  We did get to stop and see friends/family/former residences important people in Canon City, Lawrence, Olathe, Omaha and Nauvoo.
 
It's a bit early to have much to report at work.  After 1 day, I have a badge and a computer.  There is a phone there, too, but I'm not completely sure if it works yet.  I have my own little cubicle with my name plate already afixed outside!  (And a real desk with an actual drawer!  This is the big time FOR SURE!)  The first week(s) will consist of getting lost in the building, reading and asking dumb questions.
 
Our stuff should arrive here soon, so then we can start getting back to "regular" life.  (aka: life with constant internet access)

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Glad you made it! Yay for libraries! I hope that the moving in goes well. I'm really happy for you guys! Even though this corner of the world is now a little emptier.