Friday, April 22

Running Milestones

If you keep a detailed enough spreadsheet, you can always find a new milestone or record. ESPN proves this every time they report that some athlete has set a new record for most points scored by a player more than 6' 3" in the state of Texas when a game took place on a Tuesday that was their birthday. Whether such feats are of any interest to anyone else is left for each individual to decide.

So it is with my running feats of the week.

#1: As of the 13th of April, 2016, I have run 1000 miles in the last year. It's not a calendar year achievement, but it's still a 365 day period, so I can enjoy that accomplishment a bit. I'm currently on pace for nearly 1100 miles this year, so baring any injuries, I hope to keep that previous-365-day total above 1000 from here on out.

#2: As of April 18th, my shoes now have 900 miles on them. For a while I was hoping that they'd make it to 1000 (because round numbers) but I don't think they'll make it. There are holes in the bottom which leave my big toe all dirty after a run, and the fabric is wearing through on the inside. I can't complain too much about a pair of shoes that ended up costing me about 8 cents per mile. Time to start shopping for new shoes - my new pair is closing in on 200 miles already.

No comments: