Sunday, November 13

Fall at Dawn

The absolute, hands down, best time to be outside is the moments just before and just after dawn. Now, don't misunderstand me. Before dawn is one of the worst times to wake up and get out of bed. But if you manage to do it, it's often worth it.

One of the best things about running is that it gets me outside, sometimes even at this magical hour. And even better, when the sun is coming up later in the fall, and the leaves are changing color, it is fabulous. Most days I run through a wooded area on a dirt path and when the leaves are changing color, its magical.

I am not a photographer. I don't find it an interesting hobby. I don't often take pictures, and I don't own a decent camera. But fall leaves at dawn, when you're underneath them, and the light comes in at a low angle so that every tree for as far as you can see if back lit is breath taking. Its pretty much the only time I ever wish that I could take a good photograph.

The leaves are falling rapidly by now, at least, they are at my house. But here's a picture I took, with my crummy phone, not at dawn, which does a terrible job of capturing how wonderful these woods can look. But I like it anyway.


No comments: