Monday, July 16

Pavilions

This weekend consisted of two things for me and Shannon: driving and pavilions. That's the only thing that seemed to happen. We drove up to SLC Friday night, slept and got up to have breakfast at the park. Willowcreek park that is, and breakfast was provided by my parents ward.

Next, we went to Flat Ironhead Mesa National Game Reserve, Fish Hatchery for the Blockburger Family Reunion. There was lots of people, lots of squirt guns, and lots of Barrs. Lunch was cooked by the Lems clan, as we ate in the pavilion.

After a brief A/C break at the Blockburgers, we headed off to Sugar House. Rumor had it that there would be scores of Hursts and some more free food, under a pavilion, of course. Even though we'd spent half the day outside, I still was dumb enough to play 2 soccer games. Both barefoot. My toe is somewhat bruised today, but I suppose it was worth it.

We drove back Sunday morning. Shannon tells me that there is a weekend somewhere out in October where we don't have anything planned.

No comments: