Sunday, June 22

D.C.: Natural History Smithsonian

If you recall, last time we left with me hot footing it towards the US History Smithsonian. With only an hour or so before all the Smithsonians were closed for the day, I decided to pick one that looked both interesting and would provide a decent chance at finding a souvenir to take back for Shannon and Julia. I figured US History was a good bet.

One amazing thing about DC is that every where you walk you run into another photo waiting to be taken. So I snapped this one of the National Gallery of Art.


So, it turns out the US History Smithsonian is closed until next year. So, I back tracked to the Natural History Museum. It's full of all the sorts of things you'd expect. Bugs, skeletons, rocks, etc. It has a really neat main entrance (complete with elephant):


and dinosaurs (three-horn)


and the Hope Diamond.


Oh, and also, in DC you can end up waiting at red lights for a ridiculously long time.

1 comment:

Clark said...

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention:

Julia got a onesie with Polar Bears on it, and Shannon got a cherry blossom t-shirt.

Also, I bumped into about 20 BYU nursing students in the gift shop. (I was wearing a BYU shirt, as were they.)