Sunday, June 22

D.C.: Washington Monument

My next stop was the Washington Monument. Sure, I'd seen pictures of it. And still, I was completely unprepared to see it in real life. It dominated everything around it. When exiting a building, I almost instinctively looked for the monument. And almost anywhere I went I found myself taking pictures of the Washington Monument from where ever I was. The reflecting pool. The Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, etc. You also may have noticed that the Washington Monument was the only place I visited twice during the day. Partly that is due to it's central location, but also because it seems to suck you in. I saved 234 pictures from the day (some particularly blurry ones were deleted to make room. 56 of them include the Washington Monument.) It's fantastic. So, some pictures.


Sometimes you've got to get creative in order to get pictures of yourself.


Looking one way from the Monument you see the Mall and the Capitol. Looking the other way you see the Reflecting Pool and the Lincoln Memorial.



Taken from the Lincoln Memorial:


From the Jefferson Memorial, across the tidal pool:

No comments: