Wednesday, December 3

Chistmas Songs

Two years ago, I complained about the general low quality of Christmas music. The talent level required to get music on the radio seems to drop significantly if it is December. I don't like that. (I'm sure that this has nothing to do with any donkey songs that were re-brought to my attention recently.)

This year, I hope to bring to all of our lives some good Christmas music. If you've got songs you wish to nominate, go for it.

The first song to be high lighted is "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / We Three Kings" by Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan. The album "Barenaked for the Holidays" is in general quite good, and this song is excellent. Two songs that are individually terrific, and interesting interpretation, a good pairing of performers, and a snappy beat.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

This is certainly one of our favorites! (Album and song)

Matt said...

Great song!

Adam Lowe said...

Sufjan Stevens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UX8VZgPBp0

Ben said...

I don't have Youtube at work, but a good one is the band Straight No Chaser and their rendition of "The 12 days of Christmas". Check it out on Youtube if you haven't already.