Sunday, July 3

The ants go marching

A few quick hitters from Michigan:

Julia really, really likes to type her name whenever anyone is at the computer.  Even if she is busy dressed up in her candy corn outfit, complete with high heels, giant flower headband and pom poms, she still wants to use the computer.

We have a small ant problem at home.  And I don't mean that the ants are small (though they are) but that the problem is very small.  We find ants very regularly, but only a handful at a time.  It's like in Michigan ants don't believe in working together in large groups.  So, we find a few, get rid of them and then they are gone for a few days.  But they keep coming back.  It's not like we don't have huge amounts of food on the floor at all times.  Apparently these ants just aren't very good.

Ella cannot be contained in a small space anymore.  Attempts to hold her are futile.  Even with food, books, toys, you name it, you can't keep her on your lap.  Any attempts result in tears and screaming.

In related news, we're going on a 3 hour long plane trip in 2 weeks.

In further related news, we're going to Utah in 2 weeks.  I think I've talked to both of my Utah readers in the last week, so this isn't really news for anyone.

Finally, we played soccer yesterday at the local high school.  ("We" being the elder's quorum and friends.)  I hurt today.  But things are made somewhat better knowing that of the 8 goals scored, I had 2 of them, and an assist on another.  This is not indicative of my soccer skills.  This is indicative of luck.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wishing you luck on the plane. My kids always did better than expected. My advice is board last (if you have assigned seats), 3 less minutes on the plans is 3 less minutes. And lots of snacks.
Wish we were coming too, have fun!

Anonymous said...

What makes you think there are only two Utah readers?

Clark said...

Anon: I suppose I do have more than 2 Utah readers (not that you're one of them). I was specifically thinking of my SLC area readers, which may number as high as 5 or 6. There are probably a small handful of people in St. George who read also. But c'mon, it's hyperbole.