Saturday, July 30

Self-feeding

Julia came into our room today eating one of her favorite foods, a peanut butter tortilla, and said to us: "I made myself a peanut butter tortilla!"  Now, it's not like this is a difficult recipe to master or anything, but she's never made one before, even with our help.  So Shannon and I shoot each other a look that says: "I'm afraid to go look and see what she's left behind in the kitchen."  I offered to go scope it out.  And . . . there's nothing to report.  The peanut butter jar is sitting on the table with the lid on, there's a knife in the sink, and, best of all, no peanut butter smeared on the table, floor, walls or carpet!  So, I guess Julia is about ready to take care of herself now.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Awesome!! I knew she would learn how to do that quickly!