Tuesday, September 18

Life

I don't blog much because life is "boring".  What does the boring-ness consist of?  I'm glad you asked!

First off, work!  I work a pretty normal amount.  Roughly 40 hours per week, on average, which I pack into 5 days one week and then 4 the next, leaving me with every other Friday off.  This is an optional perk, which I enjoy.  What this does, in essence, is to steal an hour of time from the other days of the week, and lump them all together in a whole day off.  So rather than getting a little bit done each night around the house or something, I have a whole day off, which we use for having fun instead of being productive.

But still, evenings are free for blogging, right?  Ha! Good one.  I get home around six each night (partly because I am incapable of getting up early unless I really, really have to), and we eat dinner.  You know Shanny, the model housewife with the hot dinner waiting on the table as I come in the door.  At dinner we totally feel like the family from "A Christmas Story," where the mom never gets to eat a hot meal because everyone needs something.  I do help with the girls (Ella is particularly needy), but Shannon definitely gets the short end of that stick.  Last night we went to a park in the evening.  Tonight, right after dinner, I went to scouts (I'm a Webelos leader, along with teaching the primary class on Sundays (and still playing for the choir)), while Shannon took the girls to a preschool meeting.  She's the secretary or something for the executive committee, I think. After scouts, I picked the girls up from the school and got the girls ready for bed.  Shannon made it back just for lights out and that brings us to this point in the day.

This is the general theme it seems for every day.  Sometimes I try and work in running, but that's getting hard with the days getting shorter.  Book clubs and preschool meetings.  Basketball and RS activities.  FHE.  Looking for houses, meeting with realtors.  Home inspections.  Either I'm doing something or Shannon is, and the other one is staying with the girls.  (Too cheap for babysitters!)

So, that's the background noise of our lives right now.  Now that we've cleared that up, I can make some blog posts about unusual stuff in life.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

My name is Suzanne Zgraggen and I approve this message.

Shanny said...

It's not just that we're cheap - we're also scared of using the phone to call a 14 year old girl!