Monday, September 9

When we moved out of Wymount 7 years ago we reserved a 10 foot U-haul. They did

When we moved out of Wymount 7 years ago, we reserved a 10 foot U-haul. They didn't have any, so they gave us a 16 footer, which was a bit of overkill. We moved to St. George in a 10' truck and all our moves since then have either been in-town or professionally done. Until this one.

I've knows several people recently with 2-4 kids who have tried to move with a 26' truck, only to discover on loading day that they didn't fit. But 26' is as big as they come, so thats what we reserved and hoped for the best. Turns out that all our friends must have a bunch of junk. We fit just fine and were maybe 80% full. So I got to drive the monster 350 miles while pulling our prism behind. I figure we were 45' long or so. Shannon took the girls in the civic which was a whole different adventure. The drive went pretty well, other than the $150 of gas I had to put in, but I think I'll stick to driving little cars in the future.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hey, are you calling our stuff junk!?! Hope you're getting settled in and things are going well!