Monday, April 7

NCAA Fool

I am clearly an NCAA fool.  The championship game hasn't been played yet, but the results won't matter.  Kentucky and UConn will play for all the marbles tonight, after my bracket had them picked to win a combined zero games.  I'm telling you, you couldn't be as bad at this as I am if you tried.  Maybe next year I'll get my daughters to fill out brackets for me.

In the end, I got 18 of 32 opening round games right, 7 of 16 in the next round, and then 4/8 and 1/4 and 0/2.  That's 480 points using the ESPN scoring system (10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320) and better than 14.2% of the nation.  So I guess someone is worse than me.  That's essentially my final ranking, because anyone who has either of the final two teams picked almost has to have done better than me.  They'd have 310 points from picking one team to the championship game already.

This then is the end of my coverage of the nerdiest sports event of the year.  Time to start planning for next year . . . maybe a dart board where I throw the darts right handed while flipping coins left handed . . . or ordering teams alphabetically by the coach's middle initial . . .

No comments: