Friday, October 12

Journals

I was recently reading something published by the church talking about journal writing. It encouraged journal writers to focus on everyday events and good things, rather than simply listing all the bad things that happen in life. Not that bad things have to be avoided, but focusing on them will only serve to depress the writer and guarantee that no one will ever read the journal.

On a related note, Shannon isn't posting much, and I've sunk into another posting drought. Simply put, I don't want to write a daily report on Shannon feeling ill, and you don't want to read it. These days it's just a part of our lives.

I'll be playing the piano for a musical number in church on Sunday. These days I'm the choir pianist (because the old choir pianist is pregnant), and I'm the priesthood pianist (when the electric keyboard works), and I'm the emergency backup organist (because the organist is pregnant). 2 weeks ago, Shannon was not doing well, but played the prelude. Then, just before the meeting started, she stepped out, and I hopped on the organ and played the first two hymns. As I sat down, I told the bishopric that we were doing "tag-team organ". Shannon came back just before the second hymn and played the closing hymn.

4 comments:

tysqui said...

You know, sometimes the tag teams end up in the ring together. It would be very interesting if both you and Shannon played the organ at the same time (or maybe switched off verses). That would be a positive thing to blog about.

Suzanne said...

That would be awesome! You could play together, one hand each, and then if Shannon has to take off, you can just take over and play both hands.

Clark said...

I'm probably going to be playing a song on the organ for the christmas program that will require someone else as well. Unfortunately, Shannon is slated to be singing that song, so I'll in the market for another player.

Shanny said...

Oh, Clark, think of how big and grand we could make a song sound if we were both playing! But we'd need a big event like Stake Conference to have an excuse to be so loud.