Thursday, September 9

26.2 to go (er, 23 that is)

If I were on top of things, I would have written this blog post about 5 days ago. You know, when it really was 26.2 days before the marathon. But, maybe it's fitting, since this probably describes my whole marathon training process: almost what it should be.

In the last 4 months, I've run about 315 miles, which sounds really impressive, but is probably about 2/3 of what it should be. I'll be relying on my dormant Kenyan genes to pull me through. My longest run thus far is 20 miles, and I'll be doing something around that distance this Saturday. It could be as many as 21, which would then be the longest before actually doing the marathon. I keep trying to remind myself that the whole point of the first marathon is just to finish. And the slower you go, the easier it will be to put up a new PR the next time! (If there is a next time. I'm not completely convinced there will be.)

No comments: