Saturday, September 25

Fish Ponds

Its official. I am now a champion racer. I am the absolute fastest person in the whole world. Well, the fastest member of my stake. At the 5k distance. That wasn't out of town this weekend. That chose to get up and run the stake 5k this morning. That wasn't pushing a stroller with 2 kids in it.

But still, I WON!

I suppose it is just a trick to find a race with sufficiently few racers to increase the odds of winning.

The race was rather interesting for another reason, too. It was so short that I had to get in more running today, so it's the first time that I've ever gone running to the start line of a race. All told, I did about a mile to the start line, then the 5k, then back to the mid point with a friend to pick up his car there, and then another mile back home.

1 more week to the marathon. I'm getting pretty excited, and pretty anxious. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Good job! I'm very impressed! Keep up the hard work, you can do it!!!