Monday, September 13

Running is boring

to blog about.

No one wants to hear about work, which leaves me to blog about my spare time.  A lot of that gets taken up with running right now, and I'm just not sure how to write about it to make it interesting.  "Today I ran X miles in Y time.  It was tiring."  Rinse.  Repeat.  For the record, I don't find running itself boring.  I do the longer runs with a group of people, so there is generally someone to talk to (unless they ditch me for the last 4 miles like they did on Saturday).  And we tend to bump into someone new each week to provide a little variety.  On the last two long runs I've spent a mile or two with someone I've never met before until someone's pace finally separates us.  And for my regular running buddy, we talk about sports, politics, religion and the latest work gossip.  The scenery is nice, too.  Our runs start early in the morning and out in the middle of nowhere (Veyo) so there are plenty of stars to enjoy, and then we get sunrise and Snow Canyon.  After that I'm too tired to pay attention to anything but moving my feet forward.  Again, great to experience.  Boring to blog about.  So, you'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments: