Monday, August 6

The return trip

Well, the masses have demanded an accounting of my return trip on my bike last week. So here it is.

It's hotter, but it's more down hill and I don't worry so much about getting sweaty. I made it home about 5 minutes quicker. I rode again today, and tried hard to not go too fast. Then you're gross all day at work. Yes, taking a shower is an option, but I'm not exactly excited to do that at work. As I was laboring up a hill this morning, I was thinking about riding my bike as a kid and the lengthy rides we'd go on. I seem to remember being able to stomp on the pedals for hours on end before my legs would get tired. Not so any more. Am I really that much wimpier than I used to be? Or do I remember my childhood biking days as being more glorious than they really were?

4 comments:

tysqui said...

When I was a teenager, I had no problem riding 20-25 miles (or more). Now, some days it hard just to ride a few hundred yards... I definitely am wimpier (and fatter) than I was in days past.

Sabrina said...

A few thoughts:

-It appears one person asked about your ride home, so I am assuming one person now constitutes "the masses" ;)

-I once took a shower at work. I went to the gym at Novell before starting work and did the whole shower thing. No one was even in the locker room the whole time and the showers are individual, nothing like the Tree of Life concept found in the male dorms at the MTC. However, it was weird and I have not attempted it again.

-I went waterskiing a couple of weeks ago after a two year hiatus and I was so tired and sore after about 5 minutes. I used to be able to go for hours and it wouldn't even affect me. I didn't realize 26 was so old! I guess it's the same with biking.

Adam Lowe said...

I'm going to start referring to Melissa as "the masses."

Clark said...

Be careful, Adam.