Friday, February 13

Empire

I'm catching up some of the books I've read lately.

Empire, by Orson Scott Card

Yeah, I read a lot of Card’s books. The premise behind this one is interesting, though. It’s set in the not too distant future in which some crazy people decide to over throw the government and start a revolution that is based on right vs left ideology. Now, before you start trying to guess who it is that ends up being the ‘bad guys’, I’ll remind you that Card, in addition to being LDS is also a registered Democrat. Basically, the book is about a big conspiracy theory which leads to shots being fired and rival governments being declared. While I’m not what I would call a big conspiracy theory sort of guy, that doesn’t keep the book from being entertaining, which is why I do most of my reading. I view the book like I would a Tom Clancy novel; it’s interesting and draws on various facts, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a work of fiction. Card invents a presidency and all his characters, as well as other specifics.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hmm, sounds good. I think I'll check it out! Oh and how was your b day? I'm a little slow, hope you had a good one! :)