Sunday, February 22

New Calling

Thursday evening I got a call asking me to go meet with a member of the Stake Presidency on Sunday morning.  (side note: I don't think I can ever be in a Stake Presidency or Bishopbrick,  I just can't get up that early on a Sunday.)  So, Shannon and I spent a few days doing the obligatory speculation as to what it coudl be.  Certainly high profile callings come to mind, but that isn't always the case.  About 2 years ago we were asked to go meet with our old stake presidency.  Speculations abounded in our private discussions.  In the end, we were called to be a Ma & Pa for a pioneer trek (which I really enjoyed), something we would never have suspected.

Unfortunately, no pioneer treks for us this year.  Instead, I will be the new 2nd councilor in the Elders Quorum Presidency.  I've never been in an EQ Presidency before.  I've never even taught EQ before.  Should be exciting!

3 comments:

Matt said...

If I had been thinking, I would have given you a heads up so you would have had more than 10 seconds of notice before you were put on the spot in front of everyone.

B-Rett said...

Ahh, I'm disappointed. I thought it would be bishopric. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait a little while longer for you to be a high priest.

Melissa said...

Oooo! I gots me a new calling too! I am still Cub Scouts but they swapped my RS chorister for CTR 6 teacher. Hooray! I've been out of primary for far too long.
Have fun being busy and important!