Wednesday, August 25

Poopy Diapers

Because that is what parents blog about.

Ella is now 6 weeks and a day old.  I think I've changed 1 poopy diaper.  It's not that I'm a bad parent, it's that she never poops!

Seriously, she only poops like twice a week.  If they both happen while I'm at work, what can I do about it?  (The doctor says that breast-fed babies can poop 7 times a day, or once every 7 days.  As long as she is happy, the Dr isn't too concerned.)  (I'm always amazed at the stuff doctors don't even blink an eye about.  "Your 2 week old baby hasn't pooped in 4 days?  Well, once it's been a week, then I guess you could bring her in.")

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

That's how Adie was. It was nice, actually. Chase has been the opposite and I think it's a huge pain. Enjoy it, I say!

Alex said...

Wow! As long as she's healthy and happy, count your blessings, right? ;)

Shanny said...

I believe the doc's words were, "If it's been 7 days, and she's pretty fussy, then you can call and we'll talk about if she needs to come in." After hearing that, my level of worry went waaaay down.