Friday, October 3

Football game

I watched a game last night, and I won't say which one. But I will give a small tip for any fans out there wondering what to do at the end of a game. If you are ranked in the top 20, playing at home, against an unranked opponent, in a non-conference game, against a non-rival, in the middle of the season, and you're a double digit favorite, and then you win on a last second field goal, DO NOT RUSH THE FIELD. Rushing the field is to be a rare and special event. Big upsets, conference titles, knocking off ranked rivals, knocking off top 10 opponents while unranked.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Brett and I made the same observation. However, I think it's probably because it was down to the wire the opponent had just knocked off the number 1 team the week before, just a lot of energy. However, I still wish it hadn't happened.

Adam Lowe said...

A lot of the same could be said about the standing ovation. But I fear that fight is lost. I can't remember a live performance I've attended since high school that didn't end in a standing ovation.

Clark said...

I completely agree, Adam. I've refused to stand a performances before, and people take it as an insult. I point out that I'm clapping loudly; I enjoyed the performance, it just wasn't that good.

Adding to this list, at concerts, encores are all but expected, and bands plan for them. Basically, we've decided that any positive outcome of any performance is the best possible thing and ought to be treated as such.