Sunday, March 1

Aggregation: It's anti-impressive

I don't actually visit very many blogs these days.  I use Google Reader to do it for me.  I even pulls out comments on blogs, so I don't even have to go look for those.  As a result, I don't see any of the special things that people have done lately.  I guess what I'm telling you is: if you've been trying to impress me, you can quit wasting your time.  In a similar vein, I don't look at my blog regularly either, which is why it doesn't change; I guess my objective isn't to impress any of you with my bloggy-aesthetics.

The exception to this is, of course, people who have made their blogs private.  I understand why people do it, but it makes life harder for me.  What I can't figure out though, is why Google Reader (run by Google) can't figure out if I'm allowed to look at a private Blogspot (run by Google) blog.  It ought to be super easy for them to do, but they don't.  Apparently Google's objective in life is not to impress me.

No comments: