Wednesday, March 11

Pasta Ridiculous

So, I'm making Pasta Roni today, and I find something that's just ridiculous.  It's right there in step 1.

"In a medium saucepan, bring water, milk and margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat to a boil; reduce heat to medium."

It can't just be "butter", or even "butter or margarine" anymore, no, it's got to be "margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat".  Is there someone out there who's been wondering "It says 'butter' but I wonder if I can use my no trans fat butter substitute?"

If they are going to go that far, I suggest them further revamp the instructions:

"In a medium saucepan, bring water (tap, filtered, distilled or de-ionized), milk, soy milk, powedered milk, or milk substitute and margarine, butter, spread with no trans fat, or leftover bacon fat to a boil; reduce heat to medium."

4 comments:

Ben said...

I bet it says "no trans fat" on the label. This goes to show how far companies go to avoid litigation.

Cheryl said...

hahaha!

Ben said...

Of course, inquiring minds want to know if you took umbrage at the request and made it with trans-fat just to see what happened.

Alex said...

Heehee... as someone who has recently been immersed in way too much nutritional info (due to my Nutrition class, that is) I find this post hilarious! Thanks!