Thursday, March 19

Yard Work

I've got a friend who apparently likes yard work.  I guess I need to invite him over more often.

Last night we cranked up the sprinkers for the first time.  We probably could have done that a week ago, but oh well.  Luckily the sprinklers all seem to be working in reasonably good order.  One is somewhat broken, but still puts 90+% of the water out on the lawn where it should go, so it certainly isn't a crisis.

I also repaired the spigot in the backyard.  Look how handy I am!  It was leaking out of the knob when turned on, so I took it apart, applied Teflon tape and cranked it back together good and tight.  No more leaks!  Now I can return the new one that I bought under the assumption that I wouldn't be able to fix the old one.

Also, we've been weeding fiends lately.  Apparently the difference between a plant and a weed is that a plant is what you want to grow, and a weed is what will grow.  I think we should just declare that we are trying to grow the weeds.  Then, we will either succeed, or the weeds will decide to shrivel up and die, which wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Now the top priority is to get the garden planted, and the water all hooked up for it.

No comments: