Sunday, December 6

Absenteeism

Neither Shannon nor I have blogged much at all lately. Usually this is ascribable to either traveling or illness. In our case, it is both.

We went to SLC for Thanksgiving, and got to see all the Grandmas (ours and Julia's). That's not always an easy thing to do, as they live in Salt Lake City, South Salt Lake, Taylorsville, South Jordan and Sandy. Among the highlights were:

- Turkey
- Not working
- BYU beating Utah. (My very brief comments on that game: this is 3 out of 4 close games where BYU has beaten Utah. I thought Utah was supposed to be the team that came up big in the important moments. On Halls comments: a small percentage of fans on both sides are absolute jerks. Let's not try to deny they exist, or pretend that it is easy to turn the other cheek when they do get in your face. It would be nice if Max had done a better job of ignoring them, but he didn't. But just because he made some stupid and unfair comments doesn't mean that all of us should go join that small percentage of jerky fans.)

After the vacationing was over, we decided to start the illness phase of our non-communication. I started Sunday on the drive home, Shannon shortly after, and Julia on Wednesday (I think). I am still fighting through the cold that will not die. I don't have a fever. If anything my temperature is abnormally low. So, I don't think I have the pig virus. But whatever I have has made the rounds from my head (as achiness), into my throat (as soreness), to my whole body, back to my throat (as an inability to speak) and back to my head (as every imaginable sinus issue all at once). I like to think that as it has made the rounds, it's got to be just about ready to leave my body. For the last 24 hours it has been doing its darnedest to escape via my nose, taking every last mucus membrane with it.

Finally, I would like to announce a big announcement. But, the announcement deserves it's own blog post. So, like all good bloggers do, I'm telling you that I'm going to tell you something, and then make you wait. Unlike the other bloggers though, I'm not going to string you out for days or weeks. It'll be up in 18 hours or less. (For those of you who know (or think you know) the secret, you can hold onto that little treasure of knowledge for another day.)

7 comments:

Em said...

Isn't sharing germs w/ family what the holidays are all about?

Suzanne said...

Good luck with that cold! I had the same thing back in October, and was banned from work for a few days until I could convince them that it wasn't H1N1 ("the hinny," as we like to call it).

DayQuil is your friend. Trust me.

tysqui said...

First off, congrats. Second off, my opinion of the whole Hall debacle is essentially the same as yours. The nuts on both sides of the ball are attempting to define all fans of both schools.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi i am fresh here. I came upon this board I find It extremely useful & it has helped me so much. I hope to contribute and support other people like its helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around

Anonymous said...

Hello im new to this. I came accross this board I have found It quite useful & its helped me a lot. I hope to contribute & support others like its helped me.

Thanks a load, Catch You Later.

Anonymous said...

Hey im new here. I hit upon this board I find It positively accessible and its helped me out alot. I hope to contribute and aid other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around.