Sunday, December 20

Pink

I don't know how it happened, but Julia is a pink girl. Now, despite rumors I've heard to the contrary, I have nothing against pink. I did make comments before Julia was born that we didn't need to overload her in pink. We don't need 50 pink outfits, a pink crib, pink sheets, 11 pink blankets and a sign for her room that says "Julia's Pink Kingdom".

But, Julia loves pink anyway. If we let her pick anything, she's pretty much guaranteed to pick the pink option. Pink bowl for breakfast, pink shirt, pink blanket, pink pajamas, pink toys. She's just a pink girl, I suppose.

Now, this still doesn't mean that we need to overload her with pink stuff. In 6 months, her favorite color could be orange.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

It's totally a girl thing. We have never really pushed pink on Adie more than any other color, but she too likes pink the best. It really just is a girly color. I am actually quite amazed that even though Adie doesn't have a girly girl mom she quite the girly girl. There really is something inherent there.

Em said...

McKenna's favorite color for dishes for the last two months has been orange. For the year or so before that it was pink.

Em said...

But Hadley's favorite color is blue. Sadly, Hadley is lacking in blue hand me down items.

Unknown said...

YES!!!! That's my niece!