Friday, December 11

Terror

They say that you should do something every day that terrifies you. I'm now set for about a week. Tonight I was the musical entertainment at the ward Christmas party. It was supposed to be me and Shannon, but as she is both sick and in SLC, I did it by myself. I've been sick for the last 2 weeks, and while I am generally recovered, I still have a cough, and my voice starts to disappear each night at about 8pm.

But, I did it. I played one song on the piano AND SANG, then did Mele Kalikimaka on the ukulele, and then lead everyone in the 12 Days of Christmas. I'm not sure I've ever sung a solo in front of a group bigger than about 5, let alone two numbers, on two different instruments. It wasn't perfect, there will be no calls from any recording studios, but I made it through alright. There's even video of it, but I don't think I need to see it any time soon. In fact, I don't think anyone needs to see it. Ever.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I got the video for Shannon. I'm not going to use it for blackmail or any other non-commercial usage.

But, Shannon, if you want to see a few snippets of the evening, I have it for your entertainment and pleasure!

Em said...

Yay for you!

Shanny said...

I'm so proud of you, Clarky! Being all brave :)

I'm sure it was great.

Alex said...

Good for you!!! I could never do that...

Celeste said...

Wow we were wondering if you had to go through with it. But I must say that is an impressive thing to tackle on your own. Way to conquer the terror.