Monday, December 7

Announcement

Here is the big announcement. Everyone head for the edge of your seats . . . .

Last Thursday, Shannon and Julia packed up their things and moved up to Shannon's parents house in SLC for a little while.

. . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

This is because Shannon had been puking her guts out, because she is pregnant! (I hope you weren't too close to the edge of your seat!) Yeah, I know that probably borders on distasteful, but you just don't get an opportunity to throw something out there like that very often. If I were really tricksy I would have let that sentence up there just hang out by itself for a day or two before explaining.

Anyway, for those of you who remember, Shannon and pregnancy don't quite get along. (Question of the week comes from my dad: Do other species get morning sickness?) Last time she threw up a gazillion times, got many IVs and lost 15 pounds. This time she also had to deal with a sick husband and a child. It wasn't working well, so she's in SLC at her parents. She'll be back on the 12th probably. And probably her mom will stay down here a few days after that. We're playing things by ear here. She's doing reasonably well up there, and I'm bored down here. Its even worse that I'm sick, because I can't get out and do much, so I just sit at home by myself and sniffle. Anyway, back to the topic at hand: babies!

Baby #2 should arrive in mid July. We haven't given it a fetus-name yet. Feel free to offer one up. If last time is any indicator, Shannon has another 2 months of unpleasantness to go through before things normalize. But, on the upside, this time we've got graphs! Yes, we're tracking the vomitous activities, doctors appointments, medications and other key indicators so I can really quantify for people Shannon's discomfort. Then I don't have to use phrases like "she threw up a gazillion times" and can instead reliably say that she found herself bent over the toilet 18 times in a 36 hours period from Monday at midnight to Tuesday at noon last week.

Ok, I think that covers it. Don't worry, we still have lots of time to discuss puking yet.

11 comments:

Aubrielle said...

Wow! Congratulations! I would love to see a graph...then maybe I could have Jon make one for me!

Em said...

Congratulations on not being separated due to marital problems!

As far as the boredom goes...Brian mentioned the other night that he is starting to miss star craft...

My uber-excitement for you is tainted w/ knowing what you're expecting to deal with these next few months. We love you, good luck, and congratulations!

Sabrina said...

We can't wait to meet Baby B #2, but I hope the next couple of months go as fast and as smooth as they can, considering the circumstances.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations. And condolences. Pregnancy is awful. Even worse for some people. I feel for ya Shannon, and I am here for you. Julia is officially invited over for many a playdate.

Alex said...

Hip hip hooray! Sorry to hear the pukes are back... I'm excited to see the graph though... how unsupportive is that?! ;P

Brian said...

"But, on the upside, this time we've got graphs!"

That's the Clark we know and love! :)

Congratulations!!!

Megan D. said...

Congrats! How exciting for you guys. :)

Karen said...

Holy crap! Congrats to you guys! I wish I was nearby. Julia could come play and hang out with us. I hope all goes well and you aren't too lonely. ;)

Celeste said...

I'm glad that being up there is helping at least a little. Sorry that you've been so sick too.

It's not fair that you both get to feel bad at the same time. We've thought about having you over several times to help ease the boredom. But since we have my sister and her family staying with us there is lots of commotion most of the time. We didn't know how much that would help!

Wanda said...

THAT IS SOOO EXCITING!!! I hope this one is easier then the first. I wish I could help with what ever you need but I don't think I'll be coming where you are but I wish you all the best :)

Jade and Dot Nielson said...

How about "Block-booger"

that sounds like a god fetus name to me!

Happy fer ya!