Thursday, August 7

Meatless update

7 days meatless and all is well.

I hate to say that I told you so, but things have gone pretty much as I expected them to.  Shannon does virtually all the meal planning and cooking, so all I have to do is show up to dinner and eat what she puts in front of me.  I dare say that we haven't missed the meat at all.  We'd regularly go a day or two or three without eating meat before, it's just that now we've strung together 7 days of it, likely a record.

We both agree that the most likely reason that we'll fail in our venture is from absent mindedness.  If you stop me on the street and offer me some jerky, I'll possibly eat it before I remember that I've given up meat for the month.  Unfortunately, people rarely offer me tasty treats while I'm walking down the street, so I'm probably safe for the month.

Thus far I haven't found myself missing meat at all.  We had the missionaries over for dinner on Monday and we had breakfast for dinner - pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit and sausage.  It was a little bit odd to be cooking something for someone knowing that we weren't going to eat it, but really wasn't that big of a deal.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it says I've lost a pound or two.  Just like the original measurement, this was done post run when I would have been a bit dehydrated.  (But I like feeling dehydrated.)  I did a short study of my weight a year and a half ago and found that there was about a half pound variation in my weight on a day to day basis, so the measured weight loss is somewhere on the edge of being real.  (It wasn't a terribly well done scientific study, so I never published the results.)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I am glad that you still like feeling dehydrated.