Thursday, August 28

Triple Digits

We don't live in St. George anymore, so thankfully, this isn't about the weather.

Last November I ran 95.2 miles.  We went to Michigan for Thanksgiving, and between the driving, the friends and the turkey, I lost some running time in there.

This April, I was over 83 miles by the 19th of the month. I was pretty much a lock to hit 100 miles, until I went out on the 20th and something was wrong with my foot.  I ended up getting in 6.4 miles in the last 11 days of the month to finish with 90.02.

This month, I didn't really set out to break any records, but as of today, I'm sitting at 104.34 miles for the month - my first time into triple digits.  I told Shannon at the start of the week that I was going to run 19 miles this week even if it killed me.  I was afraid to mention it too much for fear of bringing down the wrath of the fates upon my feet or knees.  After the aforementioned foot injury, all my goals for the year are pretty well shot.  I suppose if I keep turning out 90+ mile months I can still get there, but that is probably too much to expect.  The inevitable cold, or snowstorm will start limiting my running, or I'll just get worn out.  But for the time being I'm enjoying hitting a new round number plateau, and I do plan to go running for the next 2 days and get that total over 110.

No comments: