Friday, August 1

Tidbits (made of soy, I promise)

Day 1 of the meatless adventure.  I weighed myself in at 162 pounds, which is a couple of pounds lower than I expected.  It was post run and pre-breakfast, so I was probably short a pound of water.  Even still, I would have anticipated being about 165.  I don't expect to lose weight doing this, but if 2 pounds want to disappear, I guess I won't say no.

We're about to start a 6 day stretch where we break 80 every day.  Summer sure is tough, isn't it?  The hottest day gets all the way up to 84.  It seems like we spend more days with a high below 80 than above, which is just fine by me.  After a winter where we went multiple days without even breaking 0, I think we've earned a nice cool summer.

BYU has scheduled a football game at Northern Illinois which is only 30 miles from my house!  The bad news is that I'll have to successfully not move for 6 years before the game actually happens.  The last time I lived in the same place for 6 years was from ages 11-17.




No comments: