Wednesday, February 6

Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night

While discussing the SR-71 Blackbird at work today, I was thinking about the Blackbird poster hanging on the wall of my old bedroom at my parents house. If you've been there, you've probably seen it. Big poster of the Blackbird coming down the runway right at you. And if you were there today, you might notice the little calendar that runs across the bottom of the poster . . . from 1988. Yes, that poster has now officially been on my wall for 20 years. I have no plans to have it moved any time soon.

3 comments:

Shanny said...

And an excellent song, too!

Ben said...

I have a Tim Burton Batmobile poster from the Michael Keaton days that is still hanging in my old bedroom. That's not quite as long as the blackbird, but pretty close. Good times.

Anonymous said...

A Blackbird jet flying nearly 2,000 miles per hour covers 32 body lengths per second. But a common pigeon flying at 50 miles per hour covers 75.
http://www.ns.umich.edu/htdocs/releases/story.php?id=6312