Monday, February 4

YM Basketball

I suppose I should give YM basketball updates here, too. I don't get to play (usually) but I still go to all the games I can as the ward athletic director and the 2nd councilor in the YM. Last year, I documented some pretty bad losses from our YM. This year, we are teamed up with the 3rd ward, who has more youth than our ward, but for some reason only 3 or 4 of them want to play basketball. (We didn't tell our young men that it was optional.)

Our conglomo-team didn't do half bad! The game was close early, then the other team slowly built a 25 point lead. Our team did not, however, give up, or fall apart. A few shots started falling, we picked up a few steals and managed to pull within 10. The comeback was not to be, unfortunately, but the final margin was only 11. It was a huge improvement over last year, and it is impressive to see the difference that a year can make. I'm not sure how good the other team was compared to the other teams in the stake, so we'll see how the season goes.

No comments: