Monday, January 26

Bug Book

Bug: the strange mutations of the worlds most famous automobile, by Phil Patton.

I borrowed this book from my dad, which is about the only way you could probably even find it. Even amazon doesn't have a picture of it. The book was ok, but certainly not what I expected. I thought I'd find a story about people in their teens and twenties driving bugs around southern California in the 1960s. (Probably because these are the sorts of Bug stories I've heard from my dad.) Instead, the first third of the book focused on two guys with familiar last names, but who most people probably don't connect with the VW Beetle: Porsche and Hitler. It turns out that Hitler really wanted a car designed that every german family could own, and Porsche was the guy who really believed it was possible and designed the car. All back in the 1930s.

It's not a bad book, but unless you're really interested in VW Bugs, it's probably not going to be high on your list.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.