Sunday, January 25

Corn Bran

15 days since my last post, and I've still got stuff from Christmas that I haven't mentioned.

For Christmas this year (and last year, too, I think) I asked for the cereal Crunchy Corn Bran. My bewildered parents went to the store, bought some, wrapped it and gave it to me. They couldn't understand why I wanted cereal for Christmas, and I couldn't figure out where they got it from. For years I've been telling Shannon about Crunch Corn Bran, and for years we've never seen it in any store. Apparently they still sell it in Sandy, but not in Provo or St. George. The cereal is kinda like Capt'n Crunch; it's little squares of crunchiness, but instead of being made primarily of sugar, it's made of corn bran. It looks bran-y, it tastes bran-y, and yet, somehow, it's good.

Well, at least I like it, and Shannon says she does to.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I LOVE this stuff. Should I tell you they have it at Smiths? (I think...) But growing up, it was always my mom's cereal. But I would sneak it and eat it! It's SO good.

Sabrina said...

Yeah, I love that stuff too. We used to eat it as a snack on our mission. I don't understand how it is so good either, but it really is.

Suzanne said...

Your post made me crave Corn Bran! But alas, my Smith's doesn't carry it. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

In the mean time: Honeycomb!