Thursday, January 29

Excel 2008

I hate Microsoft Excel 2008. With a fiery passion.

Today's angst is because I want to put lines on a graph. I just want to draw in some red lines. So I put one on and then decide to copy and paste it to duplicate it. But when I do, it pastes the line to the EXTREME left side of my graph, where I can't pick it up, because my mouse will only grab the edge of the graph. So, I am forced to go through the 7 or 8 extra mouse clicks for each line I want to get it to look the same, as the one I already have.

Add to this Excel's general inability to draw lines, and I'm just mad at is. I would draw the line not on the graph and then make copies and drag them onto the graph, but that isn't an option. Lines that aren't on graphs can't be vertical in Excel 2008. It won't let them. The ends of the line snap to invisible coordinates that force the line to be not vertical. And I can't drag my vertical line off the graph, because it just won't let me.

Oh, and if I copy my vertical line on the graph and paste it elsewhere, it comes out horizontal.

Can I please, please, PLEASE have Excel 2003 back?

1 comment:

Adam Lowe said...

I'm generally pretty open to all the changes in Office. My thinking is that while having to learn new stuff sucks, as you become familiar with the changes, you'll eventually grow to like the new version better.

But I have to agree with you about Excel 2008. It sucks.