Monday, January 5

Sick Day

Today, I'm taking my first sick day . . . well, ever. While I could be mistaken, I'm not aware of having taken a day off work for being ill in my entire life. I missed a day of work at Target once because of a toe injury. But somehow, I've been remarkably lucky in life to not get sick, or if I do, not miss work because of it. (Or, is it unlucky that I apparently only get sick on holidays then?)

Shannon fared much better than me through the night, but now has taken ill, too. I'm personally blaming dinner last night.

So here I am at home, trying to keep my body running, watching the snow fall softly in sunny St. George. I'm not kidding about any of that, except for the bit about St. George being sunny. It's cold here, and it's snowing. Apparently we didn't move far enough south.

Our computer is now in the shop. By shop, I mean at KC's house, where he will hopefully fix it for us. Unfortunately, I don't always seem to have a lot of skills to offer people in return. But KC, if you ever need a trivial pursuit partner, I'll be there for you. (Unless we're playing against my sister, in which case, let's just give up. (Further, why are you playing trivial pursuit with my sister?))

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Victory is mine!

Feel better soon.

Cheryl said...

Poor things! I'd come visit, but alas, we are still recovering from a variety of ailments as well. I think your health would benefit better from a distant "Get well soon!"

Celeste said...

Oh no BOTH of you not feeling good! (it was probably the smell of Craig's diaper)

I don't even know how to play trivial pursuit. So I don't know how I ended up playing with your sister. But it probably means I would win. Beginners luck.

It appears also that your computer is infected with the flu. It's quarantined right now and will be returned when it no longer infected.

-K.C.