Tuesday, October 24

2.6 Miles

In between my two near-consecutive 8 hour shifts at work today (7:30 - 3:30) and (5:30 - 1:00) I had some time (2 hours, you'll observe) and decided to find out where the road I work on goes. I've worked here for a bit over a month, and every day I drive down River Road 4.4 miles and turn into the parking lot. River Road is a fair sized road, and I've always kinda wondered where it goes. Today was my day to find out.

The industrial park that we're in only goes on for another mile at the most, and then the scenery turns into hills which are riddled with tracks from jeeps or ATVs. The road narrows a bit, and then at the 2.6 mile mark there is a sign:

Arizona State Line

I work 2.6 miles from Arizona. I'm even including a map. The green square is more or less where home is, and the blue square is work. And the big fat blue line across the bottom of the map. Yup, that's Arizona.

No comments: