Monday, October 30

More Buttons Needed

I can see that every Monday morning it's going to be a race between me and Shannon to blog the funniest things from the weekend. And she gets to work 20 or 30 minutes before me, so that's a loosing battle I'm fighting. Luckily there are some topics that I know she'll leave all for me . . .

Staples has recently invented the Easy Button. You can even buy one for 10 bucks or something. You push it and it says "That was easy". (It's pretty lame in real life, even if the commercials are good.) But I don't mind that somethings in life are difficult. I can accept that life is not a cake walk. What I really want is an "I can do that better than you" Button. It's the button that would allow you to momentarily switch places with people who can't do something no matter how simple the task. Think of all its varied uses:
  • That waiter/waitress that just CAN'T seem to refill your drink
  • Any employee of Jensen Property Management in St. George
  • Switching places with me so you can add some appropiate 3rd item to this list, because I just can't seem to think of another one for it.
The newest one that I would add to that list is: Second Rate Football Announcers on Versus (formerly OLN). Every game I have watched this year on Versus has been terrible. Their latest gaffe during BYU's game came on an Air Force 2nd and goal from the 1 foot line. Air Force ran straight ahead and there was some doubt of whether or not the RB scored. One official signaled TD, the other did not. The commentators assumed they scored and 6 points were put on the board. (Here comes the great bungle) The commentators failed to notice, however, the the ball was marked at the 6" line, the down was changed to 3rd and the 6 points were taken off the board as the officials ruled that a TD had not been scored. As Air Force was about to run another play they could only comment, "It looks like Air Force is going for a 2 point conversion." WHAT? It would have been the first ever 2 point conversion where the ball was placed on the 1 foot line on the right hash! Unfortunately, this is not an uncharacteristic lapse for them.
  • They were unable to decide who had made an interception while I was able to easily read the name "Jensen" on the back of his shirt.
  • They were surprised to find an injured Cougar on the field, and then were unable to discern who it could be. Eagle-Eye Blockburger at home had noticed 30 seconds early that the guy who scored the touchdown had never gotten up and indeed way laying right where he had been when he scored. I guess it never occurred to the Verses crew that perhaps the guy who was right where the guy who had scored the touchdown was might indeed be that same guy. But I do give them credit for the possibility that a touchdown had been scored, that player got up and left, another BYU player went to that spot on the field, became injured and hit the turf.
I'd go on, but by now you either get the point or you don't care.

1 comment:

Shanny said...

Hey now, you could always wake up earlier than me and get to work earlier than me. I try to get you to wake up, but all I get are declarations that you are "staying in bed forever", and you will "turn into an ice cube" if you come out.