Thursday, October 26

Need to make a quick buck?

Regardless of how far fetched any movie plot is, we all know there at the end of the credits will be that line that reads something like: "This movie is fiction. Any resemblance to your life is purely coincidental." I can't assume that this line exists for any reason other than to avoid lawsuits. (Not that I can see how merely adding this line in the credits would stop a law suit if indeed it was warranted . . .) But as I was watching the end credits of Shrek, it seemed to be missing that famous line. And I was watching the credits pretty close. Beyond my theater-credits compulsion, I like to have fun looking for names worse than Blockburger. Things like Hatzelkrantzen. Or Vaanderwurkshtoffel. That and I know Shrek has an extra little bit at the end. So, I guess the creators weren't ruling out the possibility that maybe some real life person rescued a princess that changed form at night for a diminutive Farquad guy who ends up being eaten by a dragon. If that sounds like something that happened to you, you might be able to pick up a quick buck.

No comments: