Friday, October 20

Complimentary Beverage Provided

We made it to Canon City, CO. For a while there, I wasn't sure we ever would. We managed to climb up the snowy, icy 11,000+ ft. pass without too much difficulty. I never would have thought that the biggest obstacle would be descending. We were part of a half mile long train all wishing that there wasn't some big truck going down at 2 miles per hour. We're all taken to exaggeration for comedic value at times. This is not such a time. We spent half an hour or so crawling down the slope. At times my speedometer simply didn't register our movement at all. It was maddening.

But the real high point of the trip thus far is our motel room here in Canon City. Suzanne has a AAA membership, so we're at the Best Western. I hate to imagine what Worst Western or even Mediocre Western would look like. The room is small, but not too incredibly small, and we're not too terribly picky when it comes to lodging. The real treat, however, is that the mini-fridge in our room comes equipped with beer. 2 bottles of Michelob Lite provided free of charge, compliments of the management. No ID required. I wonder what they'd do if I called up the office and complained that they had beer for us in our room, but hadn't remember to leave a bottle opener. This is going to be a long treasured vacation memory. (I'll post a picture just as soon as we can get them off of our camera.)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Most major domestic beer tends to have twist off caps.

Not that I'd know, or anything...