Thursday, April 5

Oustanding Teaching Assistant Awards

A year ago, or perhaps more, I was named an Outstanding Teaching Assistant for 2006. I won a free years membership to AAPT (American Association of Physics Teachers) and a year of Physics Today. This was back in March(ish) of last year, when I was a student still. Keep that in mind. It's important.

So, upon Googling me yesterday, Shannon found that the number one site is the AAPT site listing me as one of these outstanding TAs. There's about 125 people listed, and I'm one of them. Just don't look for me under BYU. Because I'm not there. Apparently, I attend a school known as "Sylarus Technologies". Yeah, somehow they got their signals crossed and they think my job is a school. If nothing else, maybe this gives Clair the power to give me an advanced degree or something.

It probably happened because I filled out some survey about what I'm doing now, and someone got my school and my job mixed up. It's funny, because I didn't even get this job until 6 months after I won the award. So if they had done their reporting in a timely fashion, they couldn't have possibly made such a mistake.

No comments: