Thursday, January 31

5th Ward Wins Again!

OK folks. Here at Bethletard, I tell it like it is. And what it is, is my blog. So, despite the fact that my blog and my basketball summaries have recently been announced to the ward, I'm keeping on with my same Clark-centric reporting style. You want unbiased evenly weighted commentary? Start a newspaper.

We won this weeks game by 22 or 24 points, I think. I'm not sure. In fact, I did a really poor job of keeping track of what was going on in the game. I was running when my team wanted to slow down, and generally did some weird things like taking the ball to the hoop with 20 seconds left and a 20 point lead. (Result: fouled and 2 made free throws. I think I'm shooting 50% on the year now.) I probably scored 8 or 10 points, but I always seem to get fouled up by the transition from watching from the bench to playing in the game.

Our team scored 70+ points this game, and I think Nelson, our 6-5 240 lb (estimates) center racked up at least 10 assists (another estimate). Chris also threw some down right ridiculous passes, and I still don't know how exactly he got the ball to where he did. I also got to witness for the first time Zach's super power: the pump fake. He gets the ball, rocks back a little bit, and suddenly defenders go flying into the air. I swear, I do that and nothing happens.

So, I guess that will have to tide you over for the next two weeks, as I'll be missing the game next week to learn how to have a baby. Unless someone wants to volunteer to be the very first guest blogger to come to Bethletard . . .

1 comment:

Shanny said...

You certainly did score 70+ points, you made it all the way to 80!