Tuesday, January 8

Chester



Back in October, Shannon and Celeste went and bought pumpkins so we could get together and make Jack-o-lanterns prior to Halloween. We didn't.

Then, in mid November, we got together to finally carve up our gourds. But jack-o-lanterns were no longer appropriate. Thanksgiving was almost upon us with Christmas right on its heals. So, we decided to carve some Thanksgiving and Christmas pumpkins, which we proudly displayed on our doorsteps for a few days. Of particular note, was the trip to the store to buy candles, where KC and I discovered that you can buy 11 scented tea lights for $4.14, or you can buy 100 scented tea lights for $4.14.

We were excited to post pictures of our pumpkins, but sadly, December was marred by computer difficulties experienced by the Hunts. (The aforementioned KC and Celeste.)

But January has arrived, and we've finally got art! So, I present to you, our pumpkins. KC carved the Christmas tree, Celeste did the holly leaves and berries, and I created the turkey which we named Chester.

7 comments:

Shanny said...

Hey, I helped! Maybe I didn't actually carve Chester out, by I scooped out seeds. And I helped with the brainstorming process.

Anonymous said...

Your turkey looks like a hand and is a sucky carving.

Suzanne said...

I like hand turkeys.

Shanny said...

Hello? Anonymous? That's the whole point!

Alex said...

I like! Beautimus!

Ben said...

Anonytard

Anonymous said...

I love hand turkeys!