Thursday, April 17

3:09am -- This is the way to go through labor - sleeping. Shannon is fully dilated! Shannon and I were both kinda sleeping for the law few hours. I was at least partially awake at about 1am when she was dilated to 5cm. At that time they put in internal fetal monitors. (As opposed to the ones on Shannon's stomach.) Obviously the epidural was effective enough for us to both get some sleep. Just a minute or two ago the nurse said Shannon was dilated to 10cm and almost-not-Wombsly was at +1 station. (Remember, that's a measure of how far down the baby is. +2 means you're basically ready to deliver and +3 is described as "crowning".) It's pretty amazing that we made so much progress in just a couple of hours while we were sleeping.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

Sounds like things are going well (like I would know....). I'm very excited for you guys. Hope things go smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Yay! So after a whole day of waiting, suddenly things are happening fast! Good luck!! We are praying that it all goes well.

Alex said...

WOOHOO!!! So we may have a baby here pretty soon if not already??? I'm off to Seminary and will check again when I get back, way to go guys, you're such troopers!!! I'm SO happy the epidural helped things along!!!!

Melissa said...

Wow! It took so long to get to four that I thought you guys would be there forever! I bet she's here already! Congrats guys! I'm off to the gym but I'm hoping for the big exciting post when I get back! Yay for no-longer-Wombsly! (and Shannon!)

Alex said...

Eeek, no update yet? Thats ok I'm sure you guys are way busy loving on your precious baby girl whom just HAS to be here by now, right?!?! Hope all went well and she's got a name!!! Can't wait to hear/see all about it. Way to go Shannon!!!

Kim said...

Yay you guys!!! Sounds like the long wait is finally winding down. I hope things are going well!