Friday, April 4

Season Finale

Ward basketball ended last night, for my ward at least. We lost by half or a dozen or so, and committed about 50 fouls in the last 2 minutes trying to extend the game. The other team hit enough free throws to hold us off. I think I ended the night 2/4 from the field and 1/2 from the line. I also had what I am calling a "mind numbing block". You know, the kind where the ball never really makes it out the guys hands and you send it flying out of bounds? Yeah, that kind. It felt good. And if I'd had a dozen more of those, we might have won.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love those blocks. They can be so totally demoralizing to the other team. I got in a few of them in church ball, back in the day.

I managed to get two or three in on some girl, right in a row. Finally she did a bounce-pass for the inbounds pass because she couldn't get it past me otherwise. It was great, blocking those - it was in the Old Mission building, where there was only about a foot of space between the line and the wall. When I blocked those passes, they'd smack off the wall right next to her head.