Friday, April 18

One day older and wiser, too

Julia is a day old! We actually slept last night! We were lucky enough to get the room on the mom/baby floor w/0 a nice recliner for me to sit in, just a boring ol' chair. So, they brought in a cot so I could have a sleep over w/ Shannon and Julia. It wasn't a very good cot, but since I only slept 2 or 3 hours the night before, I didn't mind. They probably don't get too many complaints about it. I, of course, was out like a light. We sent Julia to the nursery for part of the night so Shannon could get some sleep, too. Shanny reports that Julia was taken there at about 1:30. At 6, Shanny went to go get her figuring she'd be awake soon. She was still sleeping at 7:30 when I left. Hooray! I came home to shower and change and rest for a few minutes, while Shannon showered at the hospital.

Shannon's parents and youngest sister came down last night, and will be in town this weekend. Today is also the day everyone should come home (probably this afternoon, or maybe early evening).

Julia is a very anxious eater. You don't have to ask her twice if she wants dinner (I wonder where she inherited that from?). I think if you were foolish enough to get your elbow in range, she'd attack and start going to town on it. Watch out for this one!

4 comments:

Alex said...

So happy to hear she's a good eater!!! Keep the pics coming!

Sabrina said...

So great to hear. It is amazing to me to hear how different everyone's experiences are. I could barely walk the first 24 hours after Ads was born and Shannon was visiting Julia in the NICU only a couple hours after her birth. Adie didn't hardly eat anything for days, and Julia's all over it. I am so glad to hear everything is going well!

Stewart said...

Don't click on this "tygogal" link! It's a virus.

Stewart

Emily said...

Wow, congrats guys! You will be wonderful parents, get ready to have your world rocked (in a good way)! We can't wait to meet the little darling. Much love,
Emily (Shannon's cousin), Troy, & Blake Backus ;)