Tuesday, April 29

On Saturday, I went biking with the scouts in Snow Canyon. I hadn't used my bike at all since last fall. The scouts are working on their cycling merit badge, so they went up to Snow Canyon on Friday afternoon and rode 25 miles and camped. I went up Saturday morning to do another 25 miles with them. I figured that anything that a 13-year-old can do, I can do. It turns out I was right, but just barely.

From the camp ground, we rode down the road to the park entrance, and then up a dirt road to the top of the canyon. Then down the dirt road to the park entrance. Then up the dirt road to the top of the canyon. Then down the dirt road to the park entrance. Then up the main road back to the campground. While we may have come up just short of the 25 miles, the dirt and rocks and sand more than makes up for that. It took us a bit over two hours, and in the last mile I pretty much bonked. Of course, the scout who was up with me (the rest were 15 minutes behind us) bonked, too. It was all we could do to make it back to the campground. Oh, and my poor little rear end didn't enjoy all those miles of bumping either.

1 comment:

Em said...

Just wanted to slather you with some lavish praise cause biking that far is awesome...not quite new baby awesome...but really close. Sounds like fun in a "i no longer have feeling in my limbs" sort of way.